Monday, June 15, 2009

Wine and "Spirits"

Ephesians 5
18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

Last night, we went out to celebrate mom’s baptism, which was great. I had two glasses of wine. Not that big of a deal most of the time. However, I have learned what the verse above means. If you are truly experiencing spiritual warfare, and I hope that each of you are, then take heed. The devil will use any tactic to beat you down and take advantage of you. While my two glasses of wine did not “lead to debauchery”, it did however lead to a disagreement between my husband and I. And it also lead to some pretty interesting dreams while I was “trying” to sleep. My point is, just take heed, lest you fall into the wiles of the devil. We do not want to be “exactly where he wants us”. We need to press forward toward the goal and that is to fulfill the Will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment