Monday, June 15, 2009

From the beginning

I am starting this blog, well, because I feel that the Holy Spirit is leading me to do so.

I have entitled it "My Papercuts" because I have come to the point in my spiritual walk where I am turning a corner of growth. I am realizing that I have not ever had an issue with giving God all of my big issues in life to take care. For example, letting my children go live with their dad, or stepping out of a bad relationship, or healing my cat. But what I did not realize was that I always relied on "myself" for the small stuff. The Papercuts. I am having a very difficult time letting God take care of those small darn papercuts. Those small insignificant papercuts are where the devil gets into my everyday life and reeks havoc.

I am hoping that with this blog that I can help others deal with their papercuts. While I do not have the answers, I am continually seeking God to lead me. My mantra scripture is what keeps me going everyday.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your paths straight.

Those 4 lines have helped me so much in these past couple of months after being layed off. I hope that it helps you too. Meditate on it and I think you will figure out how to let God take care of your papercuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment