Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Love Loves

Leviticus 19
18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbors as yourself.

Love Loves is a silly term that my husband and I say to each other. I am not sure how it started, or when, but when we are feeling, well, lovey dovey, we say that. As I was expressing my love to my husband the other day, I thought, wow, I really love this person. And then I thought, WOW, how much my Lord and Savior really loves me.

Then of course, I was reminded of yet another papercut that always creeps in. I know that I love my husband and I know that my God loves me and I love them back. But what about everybody else. Do I love my neighbor as I love myself, or my husband or God?

Think about it. The devil wants us to think that we do. Even asking this question to yourself, you are probably saying.."of course I love thy neighbor as myself". But do you really? What about that person that cuts you off while driving, or that little old lady that is blocking the aisle in the grocery store and you are in a hurry or your boss yelling at you or even somone that is talking bad about God. Those are papercuts that we don't even think about. I am reminded time and time again......Jesus did not die on the cross for just me or for all the Christians, but He died for ALL. The next time you want to "spit fire" at that person that is in your way, stop and just lift them up in prayer. See what happens to you. You will be changed. We can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens us.

No comments:

Post a Comment