Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Down and Dirty

Matthew 6
25 Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?'

My whole life for the most part has been pretty sheltered. Yeah, of course I have gone through some major trials, but always came out clean – Thank You Jesus. As I look at my life now, even though unemployed, I have a pretty cushy one. My husband is very successful – Thank You Jesus, we all have our health. I live in a beautiful home. We basically want for nothing. Yet we are always looking for more. What is it that we are looking for? More stuff? Better job? More meaning to life?

There has to be something beyond these four walls that I have been surrounded by since I got laid off. Then the Lord talked to me. Patti, trust me. Go out and touch the world. Show them my Love that I have for them. While I was so excited to hear from God and His direction and eager to do it, I found myself at a screeching halt. What do you want? You want me to get out of my comfort zone, beyond these nice clean walls and get “Down and Dirty”? Then I realized that I had found yet another papercut of mine. Am I really going to trust in God with all my heart…..or just some of it?

As I continue down this spiritual journey I am realizing that that are a lot of people that “hear” God but they are scared. What if people don’t like me? What if I mess up? Lord, I am just not good enough. I have to clean my act up first. So they just ignore God and continue their nice clean life. We need to wake up and realize that God is in control of all things. This is His world. He already knows our needs even before we do. He will give us the tools that we need in order to “get down and dirty”. Have you heard God? Is there that tugging in your spirit to volunteer? Do you have the sense of urgency to pray for someone? Or to just give them a hug? Trust God. Don’t ignore that voice. Our job is to fulfill His will here and He is asking us to get a little dirty. Hey, you might find it a little fun to play in the mud. Let’s grab onto that childlike faith and jump in.

No comments:

Post a Comment