Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dancing Queen

Philippians 3
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

As far back as I can remember, I loved to dance. I remember dancing in front of company that would come and visit my parents. I remember dancing in front of the mirror for hours with my “curling iron” microphone. And oh, those high school dances. I remember going out with my friends and dancing till the sun came up. But what I remember the most about dancing was not really the dance part, but how the music would just take me away. A place away from whatever was bothering me at the time. I would just let the music consume me. I no longer had control over my body, the music did. Aaahhhh, it was awesome.

I so want to go back to that place where I don’t have to think about anything but the music. Let it take me away.

One of my papercuts is not allowing God to take over and control me, control my body. But that is exactly what He wants and needs me to do in order for His will to be done. It is so hard to just let go. To just allow the Holy Ghost to come in and move me, teach me, direct me. But yet that is exactly what my prayers are all about lately - "Lord, allow me to let the Holy Ghost guide me." But what I am finding out is that it is not God’s job to tell the Holy Ghost to move me, direct me, teach me. The Holy Ghost is ready willing and able. We have to submit and humble ourselves. Let Go and Let God. I so want to be at that place where I can pray and know that I know that the Holy Ghost is directing my prayers. Where I no longer have control, He is moving me like the music did. How beautiful it will be. It is all in our control to let go of our control. How profound is that? I am trying. Trying really hard to let go. Let God just consume me. Move to the flow and beat of His heart. I hope that you have found that place. And if you haven’t, I challenge you to not give up. Keep pressing forward. Maybe there is something that is in your heart that is preventing you from letting go. Search your heart. Ask God to reveal those things. He will. And when He does, ask for forgiveness. My hope is that at some point, we all will be at the place where we no longer have control and God is moving us in very powerful ways to fulfill His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment